LIC Social Security Schemesadmin
Social security schemes are controlled by the government to be beneficial for members of non-government sector communities.
There are three schemes under the social security schemes as
- Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima yojana
- Pradhan mantra Suraksha bima yojana
- Atal pension yojana for the age pension
These schemes are made available for the people who met with the eligibility criteria and had a valid bank account.
- Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana:
Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyothi Bheema Yojana is a scheme that is offered for one year. The insurance policy needs to be renewed annually. There are more than 5.35 crore people who are enrolled in this scheme.
How To Enroll For Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana:
To enroll under this scheme the procedure is as given below
- All the members can enroll in this plan through LIC and some private banks accept this approach
Features Of Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana:
The features of the pradhan mantra Jeevan Jyothi Bheema Yojana is as given below
- A life cover with a premium of Rs 330 is available which provides 2 lakhs as the premium
- An insurance premium of Rs289 per annum is available for annum
- Risk cover is provided under this scheme after 45 days of enrolment
Eligibility Criteria Of Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana:
The eligibility criteria for Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana is as given below
- The minimum age entry to the scheme is 18 years and the maximum age is 50 years
How To Claim For Settlement:
The following is the procedure that needs to be followed by the nominee
- The nominee has to approach the bank with a death certificate of the insured person where they had PMJJY plan covered in the savings account
- The nominee needs to collect discharge receipt that is provided by the bank with insurance company branches, hospitals
- Finally, all the bank account details where the insured person had a savings account under PMJJY scheme need to be submitted by the nominee
- Pradhan Mantra Suraksha Bima Yojana:
This is a bema yojana that is announced by the government of India as one of the social security schemes. This is a social security scheme that offers an annual accidental death and disability cover
Features Of Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana:
- A risk coverage policy of 2 lakhs is provided for accidental death
- The risk coverage of 1 lakh is provided for permanent disability
- This scheme needs to be renewed annually
Eligibility Criteria Of Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana:
The eligibility criteria of Pradhan Mantri Suraksha bima yojana is as given below
- The minimum age eligibility for the scheme is 18 years
- The maximum age eligibility of the scheme is 70 years
- NRI’s are also allowed to join this plan but the claim settlement will be done to the nominee in the Indian currency
How To Claim For Death Insurance:
The following is the procedure that needs to be followed by the nominee to claim for death insurance
- In the case of death, the insured person the death insurance claim will be credited in the insured person bank account where he had a PMSBY account
- PMSBY will cover the death insurance only in the cases as accidents happened on the road, rail, vehicles or any crime and they should be reported to the police
- PMSBY will also cover the accidental events as a snake bite, fall from the tree. The record containing immediate treatment in the hospital need to be provided.
- Atal pension yojana for age pension:
Atal pension yojana is a social security scheme that is introduced in the year of 2015 which is started with a motto of providing income security to the old age people.
Eligibility Criteria Of Atal Pension Yojana:
- The minimum entry age for Atal pension yojana is 18 years and the maximum entry age for this scheme is 40 years
- The monthly pensions that are minimum are 1000 and the maximum pension that is issued is 5000 based on the premiums that are chosen by the policyholder
- The pensions will be issued from the age of 60 years
- All the scheme holders should provide their Aadhaar number to be done with KYC
Features Of Atal Pension Yojana:
The features of Atal pension yojana are as given below
- All the citizens of India who are not from the government, the central government can register for this scheme.
- If you discontinue the payments to the scheme after 6 months your account will be frozen, after 12 months your account will be deactivated, after 24 months your account will be closed
- The delayed amount will be charged on the insured person as Rs1 per month to Rs100 per month, an amount of Rs2 per month to Rs101 to 500 per month, Rs 5 per month the delayed amount that needs to be paid is Rs501 to Rs 1000 per month If its Rs10 per month the delayed amount that needs to be paid is 1001 per month.
- In case of death of scheme holder then the pension will be provided to the spouse or legal heir