Link Aadhar Card and Pan Card with LIC Policy.
The introduction of Aadhar card has reduced a lot of problems we once had with our identity cards. Since Aadhar card is found online and so is our Pan card, we can now easily get them linked to all our accounts including our LIC policies to avoid any future problems. Though the Supreme court has given the verdict that it is not mandatory to link your Aadhar card to your accounts, still it is always better to keep everything linked online. This saves you a lot of time and paperwork. In this article, we would take you through the steps you need to follow in order to link your LIC policy to your Aadhar card and Pan card.
Steps to follow:
Here, we would describe both the offline and online ways of getting your Aadhar and Pan cards linked to your LIC policy.
The offline way:
- Documents required for the linking of cards and policies: You need your Aadhar card, your Pan card, self-attested copies of both. You also need form 60 along with this and your LIC policy numbers.
- Once you have all the documents, you can ask your agent to go to the official website and download the form you require to fill up. The form comes in the form of a pdf. You need to fill this form up. After you are done, just go to the nearest LIC branch and submit the form along with the above-mentioned documents. Your work will be done.
The online way:
- The online method of linking your policy to Aadhar card and Pan card is relatively simple. You need to just make sure that you have the correct phone number linked to your Aadhar card as you might get an OTP in that number. If you don’t have it, you can first get your number verified.
- Once that is done, go to the LIC website. Click on “link Aadhar and pan card” and proceed. Once you get the online form, fill it up and mention your e-mail ID, phone number and card numbers. Make sure you provide the correct Aadhar and Pan card numbers.
- Once that is done, you will receive a message with OTP for verification. You just need to enter that OTP in the online portal and your work is done. Your Aadhar card and Pan card will be linked to your LIC policies.
Though it is optional, The Government of India had started this procedure to make sure that there is no case of money laundering anywhere. There has been a massive change in how the government institutions used to work earlier and how they work now. With the introduction of Aadhar cards, now we can expect no misplacement or manipulation of our personal documents. Everything will be stored safely, and we will be able to access it whenever we want. It is true that many of the people are scared of this change. However, not all changes are bad. Get your policies linked to your identity cards today to enjoy a hassle-free service for a lifetime.